If you are interested in PhD studies, please contact the prospective supervisor at the faculty first!
Please note that the procedure of applying depends on >>> the status of a candidate .
Before registration at DreamApply platform and submitting the documents for PhD programmes candidates are requested to contact the prospective supervisor at the faculty (see point 1 below) in order to get his/her formal approval. This is a basic requirement and without such a consent you cannot proceed any further.
Generally, there are ten steps of applying for third-cycle (doctoral) studies and then verifying an applicant, which vary from those applicable for first- and second-cycle (undergraduate and graduate) studies:
1) finding a doctoral research supervisor at GUT (see the lists of >>> PhD research supervisors ) and sending him/her an initial set of documents (see nos. 1-6 at >>> Application documents ) in order to get an approval letter,
2) registration a candidate’s account on Dream Apply platform system and submitting scans of application documents,
3) applying for a chosen PhD programme,
4) filling in an on-line application form and submitting scans of application documents (see nos. 7-16 at >>> Application documents )
5) paying an application fee,
6) an interview at the faculty recruitment center (you can apply for an online interview),
7) submitting scans of the remaining application documents*(see nos. 17-18 at >>> Application documents )
8) arrival at GUT and submitting originals of all the application documents (see nos. 19-22 at >>> Application documents ),
9) a final decision,
10) matriculation and taking the PhD student’s oath.
Please note that your application will be considered only if your prospective supervisor’s formal approval and confirmation of the application fee payment have been uploaded into the system. What’s more, your application needs to have “sumbitted” or “resubmitted” status in order to be considered. Therefore, after filling in the form and uploading documents please make sure to click “submit” button!
We accept documents only in English and Polish language. Documents needing translation should be translated into Polish by a Polish sworn translator, or the translation needs to be certified at the Polish Embassy/Consulate
After submitting the necessary documents, probably between May and September an interview will take place. The exact date will be set with a candidate. Information on the interview issues and literature needed will be available at the chosen faculty. You will find the details regarding academic year 2018/2019 here. Only after the successful recruitment interview the candidate will be qualified for doctoral studies.
What’s more, please take into account that in most cases there is a tuition fee for PhD studies . For funding possibilities please refer to:
• scholarship opportunities for foreigners
• scholarships for international PhD students
• news published at the website of Scientific Affairs Office coordinating PhD studies at GUT
For more information about doctoral studies at Gdańsk University of Technology please visit our website >>> Doctoral studies
3 Jan 2018